Leeming Spartans JUNIOR CRICKET VISION AND STRATEGY
The Vision for the Leeming Spartans Junior Cricket Club (LSJCC) is to develop a deep and long-lasting love for the game of cricket through the provision of an inclusive, nurturing, safe and fun environment in which to learn the basic skills of the game. A major part of this pursuit is by playing cricket in a supportive yet competitive environment to the best of everyone’s ability.
Spartans prides itself on being one of the founding clubs of the SWMJCC and being part of the Leeming Community for over 20 years. We are keen to continue building on our history and work to ensure your club is one you feel a part very much of and your sons and daughters will feel as much pride as they do in the state or national teams.
In order to achieve our vision, we aim to provide an environment for all players whether they are involved in Junior and Master entry programs, Mixed Competitions or the all-Girls Competitions to develop to the best of their abilities.
- We provide appropriate age-based coaching and development.
- We provide pathways for development into under-age representative and senior cricket for those that choose to extend their cricket beyond the junior ranks.
- We provide a club framework that aims to recognise the contribution of the many volunteers that make our club work.
Our goal is to build a true spirit of comradery, a Club spirit and an opportunity for the boys and girls to meet new friends. We want to develop young cricketers, support their teams and families, and build teams of the future.
Leeming Spartans Junior Cricket Club has strong Junior participation and has a community cricket link to the Leeming Spartans Senior Cricket Club which is over 100 years old. We are a stand-alone junior cricket club that encompasses all areas under a single committee of management. This offers our players significant benefits as they learn and improve their cricket.
- Junior games are held under the control of the South West Metropolitan Junior Cricket Council (SWMJCC). The SWMJCC is an affiliate with the CJJCC (Community Junior Cricket Council). Junior players may feature in various aged based club team competitions run by the CJCC.
- Specialist development of Girls Cricket is managed alongside both the CJCC and WACA through Cricket Managers ensuring an ongoing focus and specialist development opportunities for our female players
- Leeming Spartans field sides in all CJCC Community qualifying competitions for both Mixed and all Girls age groups. If the side makes it through to the final, they will play the final on the iconic WACA ground.